No directly quoted material may be used in this project paper.
Resources should be summarized or paraphrased with appropriate in-text and Resource page citations.
Students are to use the following Fact Scenario.
Amber, a 5’0″ female, is shopping in the local mall when she is accosted from behind by a man who grabs her purse and runs away. She sees the perpetrator from the side, but is unable to see his entire face. She describes her assailant as a white male, approximately 25 to 35 years old, tall, perhaps close to six feet, somewhat stocky. She recalls him as having dark blond hair and does not recollect facial hair.
Clay, a 6’4″ male, witnesses the incident; he saw the man walk rapidly toward Amber and grab her purse. He had a good view of the assailant the entire time. He describes the assailant as a white male, approximately 30 to 35 years old, with brown hair; and describes him as short—perhaps under 5’10”. Clay does not recall facial hair.
The police have no leads in the case until Cramon is stopped near the mall for a traffic violation the next day. In his back seat are several women’s purses. Because there have been a number of purse snatchings near the mall, the officer requests and receives permission to search the vehicle. One of the purses in the back belongs to Amber. Cramon is arrested for the crime.
Using what you have learned from your readings and modules, please write a brief memorandum regarding a possible photo array that includes:
1. To whom you would present a photo spread and if to more than one person, to whom you would present it first and why.
2. Specifically, how you would compile the photo spread and why? …based on what standard if any?
3. Specifically, how you would display the photo spread and why? …based on what standard if any?
4. Any specific facts from the scenario that could prevent the witness(s) from making a positive identification
5. Any inconsistencies in descriptions of the assailant that could present problems with the prosecution of the case and any possible explanations for those inconsistencies.
A minimum of 2 (maximum of 3) full pages of narrative text that responds to the items (1 – 5) listed above
Use American Psychological Association (APA) citation format for all narrative and Resource page citations, including judicial rulings.
Double-spaced, 12 font, 1″ margins
Cover Page: student’s name, name and number of the course, name of the project, date of submission
Resource page: Any resources, including course instructional materials, referenced in this project, using APA citation formatting.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT