HR – Managing Across Cultures
1) is 1500 words – Assignment Task
1. Discuss what you understand by the term ‘culture’ in the context of
2. Discuss and evaluate the main blocks to the effectiveness of culturally
In addressing the task you should use examples from organisations and / or case
studies you are familiar with.
You are required to draw reference to the insights from key cross cultural
researchers such as Hofstede, Trompenaars and Hall and other Cross Cultural
theorists that you may have read about in your research.
2) Final Report (upto 4000 words – but will accept 3500) – Assignment Task
Consider the cross cultural management implications for an organisation from
your home country setting up a satellite operation in another country (of your
N.B. You should assume this will result in a culturally diverse workforce.
You will need to critically evaluate the implications which may affect:
1. Leadership and motivation, communications and negotiating, decision
making and organisational relationships generally;
2. The development of cross cultural teams that can perform effectively as a
unit and be capable of adapting to changes in the external environment;
3. Finally, reflect on the relative importance of your own national cultural
background to understanding others from differing cultures. What lessons
can you learn about working in a multicultural environment?
Important Notes-Please READ
You will need to apply the theories of Hofstede, Trompenaars and Hall. You
should also bring in other Cross Cultural theorists that you may have read about
in your research. Page 3 of 5
Each question carries equal marks. The assignment is assessed holistically in
terms of your response to the questions and scenario.
Hall, E.T. (1976), Beyond Culture, Doubleday, New York
Click the button below to order this paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT