CASE:INPUTS DIAGNOSIS, SLP:TIME WARP
It’s New Year’s Day, 2016. You just had a great New Year’s Eve celebration, having finished analyzing the performance of Clipboard Tablet Company, and are ready to charge ahead into the future. You turn on the TV and notice something strange (again). The TV commentator is saying something about New Year’s Day, 2012, and you realize that you are in Time Warp 2.
Your decision-making process will be different this time, as you will be using CVP analysis, a technique with which you recently became familiar.
You analyze the results of the first set of decisions you made in Time Warp 1, from 2012 to 2015. You use CVP analysis to help determine a new strategy, employing the CVP Calculator.
You analyze the results using CVP and develop your complete four-year strategy, making notes about your analysis and your reasoning process, just in case you have to do this again.
You finish the report that shows your strategy for the next four years during Time Warp 2.
Do not run the simulation yet; just turn in the report.
Session Long Project
Write a 4- to 6-page paper, not including cover and reference page, in which, after again reviewing and analyzing the results that you got in SLP2 (Time Warp 1 decisions), you develop a revised strategy and make a case for this new strategy using analysis and relevant theories.
KEYS TO THE ASSIGNMENT
The key aspects of this assignment that should be covered and taken into account in preparing your paper include:
• The revised strategy consists of the Prices, R&D Allocation %, and any product discontinuations for the X5, X6, and X7 tablets for each of the four years: 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015.
• You must present a rational justification for this strategy. In other words, you must make a case for your proposed strategy using financial analysis and relevant theories.
• Use the CVP Calculator and review the PowerPoint that explains CVP and provides some examples.
• You need to crunch some numbers (CVP Analysis) to help you determine your prices and R&D allocations.
• Make sure your proposed changes in strategy are firmly based in this analysis of financial and market data and sound business principles.
• Present your analysis professionally making strategic use of tables, charts and graphs.
• Time Line Summary:
• 2015: Hired on December 15.
• Turned in first report to Sally a few days early on December 30.
• Celebrated on December 31.
• Time Warp 1 begins: January 1, 2016 warps into January 1, 2012.
• You realize you have to make decisions for 2012 – 2015, which you do.
• December 31, 2015 – You have gone through all four years, and you write your report to summarize how you did. You are hoping that you will wake up tomorrow and it will be 2016.
• Time Warp 2 begins: January 1, 2016 warps into January 1, 2012. (Again)
• Now it is January 1, 2012: You decide to use CVP analysis and develop a four-year plan for your strategy. You analyze the results of your first decisions in Time Warp 1 and make notes. You use the CVP Calculator to help develop a strategy, and make more notes explaining your logic and analysis.
SLP Assignment Expectations
Your paper will be evaluated on the following seven points:
• Breadth – Is the full breadth of the subject, that is, the Keys to the Assignment, addressed?
• Depth – Does the paper address the topic in sufficient depth and include the background reading and other background resources as references?
• Critical thinking – Is the subject thought about critically, that is, accurately, logically, relevantly, and precisely?
• Clarity – Is the writing clear and are the concepts articulated properly? Are paraphrasing and synthesis of concepts the primary means of responding to the questions or are points conveyed through excessive use of quotations?
• Organization – Is the paper well written? Are the grammar, spelling, and vocabulary appropriate for graduate-level work? Are headings included in all papers longer than two pages?
Click the button below to order a similar custom written paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT